Sunday, February 14

The Exposition

Although this blog will be primarily food-based, there is just so much more that goes into food than a list of ingredients. How and why the food is prepared is twice as important as the food itself. It is these 'how's and 'why's that make food taste so good. So, while I will offer up my culinary tidbits, recipes, and know-hows, I will also enlighten you to my inspirations, my musings, and the little things that keep me going from day to day.

I am 5ft, 4in and 102lbs and food is my passion. Don't believe me? Nobody ever does. I'm too tiny, they say, to love food... then they get mad when I go to the supermarket to buy tofu. Where I live, loving food and eating tofu just don't belong in the same sentence. Very few outside the culinary world understand how this tiny little sprite of a woman could possibly make it in the restaurant business. My intent is to show them.

So, in essence, this will be the written example of my attempts to show the world I am in that being small is not a weakness, vegetarian food is not cardboard, and that being normal is not exactly the soundest state of mind to be in.

Bring it, World.

No comments:

Post a Comment